This Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad is full of fresh produce, light, healthy, slightly sweet, and topped with a delicious poppy seed dressing.
It’s finally summer here and I am so excited to start cooking with all the beautiful fresh produce that comes along with summer!
I am totally obsessed with this salad. I first had it a few weeks ago at Braum’s -something else I’m currently totally obsessed with- and I couldn’t wait to make my own version. Its light, fresh, healthy, slightly sweet, and totally delicious!
Easy Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad Steps
To make the salad you’ll start by preparing the fruit. Rinse the blueberries, hull and slice some strawberries, and chop up a pineapple.
How To Cut A Pineapple:
- Chop off the top.
- Chop it in half lengthwise.
- Then cut each half again lengthwise.
- Slice it across width-wise into about 1 inch sections.
- Then make 2 or 3 slices lengthwise.
- Now stand it upright and slice down, discarding the skin. Repeat with remaining 3 pieces.
For The Salad:
Now that the fruit is prepared: wash, dry, and chop up some lettuce. OR just buy some already prepared in a bag!
I also used this bag of spinach and kale for some lettuce variety.
For The Grilled Chicken:
Now that all the salad ingredients are prepared its time make the chicken:
Place the chicken in a resealable baggie (I was out so I just used a produce bag!) and pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or with a heavy skillet util it’s between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. Don’t skip this step, it’s very important! You can use this time to get out all of your aggression, lol!
Season each piece of chicken liberally with salt and pepper. This salad has so much going on it doesn’t need more than salt and pepper.
Now cook over medium to medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Then slice up the chicken….
And finally…. whisk together the dressing ingredients, set out everything to make your salads, and assemble! YUM-E!
Looking for more summertime recipes? Check out my Paleo And Keto Angel Food Cake and Glazed Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake! Or if you want to up the strawberry taste, try using this Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette from A Dash Of Megnut instead of my poppyseed dressing. It looks crazy delicious!!!!
Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
- 6 Cups Romaine or Ice-burg Lettuce
- 2 Cups Spinach Kale, or Mix
- 1 Pint Strawberries Hulled and Sliced
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Nuts Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts, Almonds, Etc., optional
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chopped
- 4 medium Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or oil of choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Sweet Poppyseed Dressing:
- 3/4 Cup Homemade Mayonnaise or Veganaise
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Poppyseeds
- Drizzle of GF Worcestershire Sauce optional
- Start by preparing the fruit: Wash the blueberries and set aside. Then wash, hull, and slice the strawberries and chop up the pineapple and set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce: Wash, dry, and tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in a resealable baggie and, using a heavy skillet or the smooth side of meat tenderizer, pound the chicken until it's between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch thick. Season both sides of the meat liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet between medium and medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken in the pre-heated skillet and cook on both sides about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice or shred the chicken.
- Arrange greens on serving dishes and top with strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, nuts, and shredded chicken. Drizzle with sweet poppyseed dressing and serve 🙂
Sweet Poppyseed Dressing:
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.