I know it’s been a few weeks since my last recipe, but I have quite an exciting week ahead (food-wise anyways). A few recipes I’ve been working on and plan on posting in the very near future include: easy peasy dairy free nut free sour cream, chocolate molten cakes, and a chocolate cappuccino cake (that one I’m still working on).
But I thought I would start with these delicious no-bake, or as some people call them, ice box cookies. I’ve already made them twice this week and they are already almost gone! They’re an easy treat to make for the kids lunches or to just keep in the fridge for a yummy chocolate fix 🙂
I know it’s winter and these are more of a summer treat, but I just love their fudgey, sweet, chocolate-y taste. And I don’t feel quite so bad about eating ’em because their loaded with oats. They start off somewhat soft but the longer they set, especially if you put them in the fridge, the harder they get – if you can wait that long 🙂
adapted from lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com
No-Bake CookiesPrint Rate
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 C Brown Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 C Earth Balance Butter
- 1/4 C SO Delicious Coconut Milk original
- 1/4 C Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C Gluten Free Rolled Oats old fashioned is best but instant will work
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and milk. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until the peanut butter is completely melted. Then, add the oats and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto parchment paper or foil. Allow to set and cool completely. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.