These Gluten Free & Paleo Blueberry Muffins are soft, tender, and bursting with blueberries. They’re easy to make and will be your new go-to muffin recipe.
These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are soft, tender, and taste like they came from your favorite bakery! They are perfectly sweetened and bursting with blueberries and have a delicious streusel topping. They will be your new go-to muffin recipe, especially since they are also easy to make!
Easy Blueberry Muffin Steps:
I started by making the streusel. You add 1 C of pecans and 3/4 C of almond flour to a food processor and process until it has a sand consistency. Then add the remaining ingredients… the cinnamon, honey, and coconut oil, and process until crumbly.
Then, mix a heaping cup of fresh blueberries with enough arrowroot (or flour of choice) to coat the blueberries and set aside.
Now we make the cake! Whisk together the dry ingredients, the wet ingredients, then pour the wet into the dry and beat until creamy and smooth. After that, stir in the blueberries.
To assemble the muffins, fill each muffin tin almost full with the batter then liberally sprinkle on the topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes or until browned.
Tips For The Perfect Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Do not skip adding the arrowroot or tapioca flour to the blueberries. If you don’t add the flour, the muffins will be too wet and fall which you definitely don’t want!
- I recommend using fresh blueberries.
- This recipe works best if all the ingredients are room temperature.
Paleo Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 1/2 C Blanched Almond Flour Honeyville Brand
- 3/4 C Arrowroot Flour tapioca *MAY* work
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Grain Free Baking Powder
- 5 Eggs room temperature so coconut oil doesn't solidify
- 1/2 C Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil liquefied or oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries heaping, I haven' tried frozen, but I think they might be too watery
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 C Whole Raw Pecans
- 3/4 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp Refined Coconut Oil solidified
- 1 tsp Refined Coconut Oil solidified
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set out eggs to bring to room temperature.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
Make The Streusel:
- Add the almond flour and whole pecans to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "S" blade. Process until the mixture resembles sand.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the blueberries with 1 1/2 Tbsp. of arrowroot flour in a small bowl and set that aside also.
For the Cake:
- Whisk together the almond flour, remaining 3/4 C of arrowroot, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- If the eggs are still cold, run under warm water. Then, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut oil, and lemon juice, adding the coconut oil last to keep it from solidifying.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and beat on medium-high until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup almost full, then liberally sprinkle the streusel topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 16 - 20 minutes (my oven seems to cook fast) or until nicely browned.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Paleo Blueberry Muffins For Later: