These gluten free and Paleo brownies are sweetened with dates, soft, fluffy, slightly cakey, and have a crackly crust 🙂
*these brownies are soft and slightly cake-like, but if you prefer dense & fudgy brownies please see my Perfect paleo fudgy brownies recipe.
I haven’t done much cooking or baking lately but last night I was really wanting some dessert so I decided to make some no-bake brownie bites. But at the last minute I decided to make a few changes ’cause I wanted real, baked brownies!
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine they would turn out so perfect, I was just making stuff up as I went along! They turned out soft, a tiny bit gooey, and had a crackly crust.
pin for later:
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1/2 C Whole Pitted Dates soaked in hot water 15 minutes if hard (I used 7 pitted medjool dates)
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C Smooth Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil or preferred oil
- 1/4 C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips I prefer the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line and grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 in pan with foil and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder to the bowl of a food processor and process until all the dry ingredients are well blended.
- Add the dates, eggs, almond butter, honey, and coconut oil. Process until well blended, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Pulse in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Batter will be thick. Use a wet spatchula or wet hands to smooth into pan.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.