This Chocolate Buttercream Paleo Frosting is smooth, thick, creamy, rich, has a good balance of chocolate, and is super easy!
**This giveaway is now closed**
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about the GIVEAWAY! I’m giving away a FREE 1 year membership to Healthy Recipes Magazine that’s for iPad, iPod, or iPhone! To enter just leave me a comment telling me your favorite summer dessert and for an additional entry ‘like’ the Healthy Recipes Magazine Facebook page and leave a separate comment telling me you did so!
Now on to the recipe:
While I have some pretty terrific chocolate paleo frosting recipes on my site (see links below), I was missing the most essential chocolate frosting recipe of all – A Perfect Chocolate Buttercream!!! It’s smooth, thick, creamy, rich, has a good balance of chocolate, and is super easy! While it compliments so many cakes and cupcakes, I really love it with my Vanilla Paleo Cupcakes or my Paleo Classic Chocolate Cake. Or just with a spoon, that’s good too 🙂
Pin for later:
If you’re looking for more frosting recipes, here are some others that I like:
And here’s the recipe for my Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Paleo Frosting, I can’t wait to hear how much you love it too:
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 C Non-Hydrogentated Shortening
- 1/2 C Butter (can use non-dairy) or additional shortening
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1/3 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil solidified (optional but adds some thickness & substance)
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia to taste (optional, I don't usually add this but you can if you want it super sweet!)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl on low for about 30 seconds or until it starts to come together.
- Turn the mixer up to medium high and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Frost as desired.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.