We had such a long hot summer I am really welcoming all things fall. We’ve been eating lots of sweet potatoes after school and I’ve already made pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, and now pumpkin cheesecake.
I’ve wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake for well over a year now and I finally got around to it! Since I already have a vegan cheesecake recipe, converting it to a pumpkin cheesecake was pretty easy.
I’m really amazed and can’t believe how soaked cashews can be so creamy, rich, and turn into such a decadent cheesecake. If you’ve never tried using cashews in place of dairy you really should, even if don’t have allergies… It’s awesome!
pin for later:
Vegan Pumpkin CheesecakePrint Rate
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 2 C Raw Cashews Soaked In Water 3 - 6 hours
- 1/2 C Honey more to taste (Use Pure Maple Syrup for Agave Syrup for Vegan)
- 6 - 10 Drops Liquid Vanilla Stevia optional, I have a real sweet tooth!
- 1/2 C Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 C Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Cloves
- Up To 1/4 C Water as needed
- Grease an 8 inch spring foam pan with cooking oil or coconut oil, then sprinkle with coconut flakes to prevent sticking.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined. Then, press into spring foam pan and place in freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Drain cashews. Add all ingredients, except water, to a high powered blender and blend until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add water as needed to help facilitate blending. Taste and adjust spices and sweetener as desired.
- Pour filling into crust. Place in freezer for at least an hour to set up.
- Let set at room temperature to slightly soften before eating, 30 minutes to an hour. Garnish with caramel sauce (link above), coconut cream (link above), and cinnamon! Oh. My. Goodness.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
this post is part of Gluten Free Fridays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Allergy Free Wednesdays, and Fat Tuesdays