Quick & Easy Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage
This Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe can be made using leftover corned beef or corned beef picked up from your local deli. Plus, this tasty recipe only calls for 4 basic ingredients and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Fat avocado oil or butter can be substituted
- 1 small Onion peeled and chopped
- 3 medium Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Head Cabbage cored and coarsely chopped, can reduce to 1/2 head for lower carbs
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Lb. Leftover Corned Beef or Corned Beef From The Deli
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Celery Seed Powder
- Keto Thousand Island Dressing for serving
In a large skillet or dutch oven, add the bacon fat and melt over medium heat.
Chop the carrots and onion then add to the skillet. Saute until tender, around 5 minutes.
Add the chopped cabbage and water. Cover, leaving the lid slightly vented, and cook 10 minutes or until cabbage is mostly tender but still has a slight bite to it. Stir occasionally as needed.
Cut the corned beef into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet. Cover, leaving the lid slightly vented, and cook until the beef is heated through and the cabbage is tender - around 3 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, and celery seed powder. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve drizzled with Keto Thousand Island Dressing.
- Nutrition Facts do not include dressing. To reduce the carbs only use 1/2 head of cabbage, which would make each serving have 5 net carbs.
- To reduce the carbs even further only use 1/2 head of cabbage, 2 carrots, and 1/2 onion. This brings each serving down to only 2 net carbs. However, the carrots and onion add a lot of flavor so do this at your own risk!
- When buying corned beef from the deli, have it cut on the thicker side - from a three to a five.
- I recommend using bacon fat because it adds great flavor! If you don't have bacon fat though, you can sub butter or avocado oil.
- Even though this can be eaten plain, I recommend serving it with Keto Thousand Island Dressing! It adds a little something extra and takes the dish to the next level.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7865IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 1.2mg