Paleo "Fettuccine" Alfredo With Blackened Chicken
This Paleo, Dairy-Free, & Low-Carb Alfredo recipe is not only rich, creamy, and delicious, but it's surprisingly easy to make too!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 Lb. Tinkyada Brown Rice Fettuccini Noodles OR
- 2 Zucchini Squash Per Person up to 4 people, spiralized (*see link above), salt, and oil as needed.
- Parsley for garnish
- 1 C Raw Cashews
- 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1/2 C Water If you have a high speed blender you can slightly reduce for a thicker sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Ghee or Allowed Butter Liquified
- 1 tsp. Arrowroot or Starch of Choice optional
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- Pinch of Garlic Powder more to taste
- Pinch of Onion Powder more to taste
- 1 1/2 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 3)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil or preferred oil, liquified
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
For the noodles:
Prepare the Tinkyada noodles as directed on package OR
Spiralize 2 zucchini per person (up to 4 people) using the ribbon blade.
Place the noodles on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle liberally with salt. Place in the oven on 200 degrees for 30 minutes. When the noodles come out of the oven give them a good squeeze in the paper towels to get out extra moisture.
Just before serving, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the zucchini and saute until tender.
For the chicken:
Cover the chicken with plastic wrap so chicken juices don't fly everywhere, and use the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken to no more than 1 inch thick.
Mix all of the spices in a small bowl.
Coat the chicken with oil, then rub the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once heated, add as much chicken as will comfortably fit and cook approximately 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Allow chicken to rest for a minute or two, then cut diagonally.
For The Alfredo Sauce:
Drain and rinse the cashews.
Add the cashews and all of the remaining sauce ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed and toss with the hot noodles. Top with blackened chicken and sprinkle on parsley just to be fancy :)
- Nutrition Facts include blackened chicken but do not include pasta.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Sauce may thicken when reheated, thin with some chicken broth or water if needed.
- Be sure to use Raw, Unsalted Cashews. The roasted and salted variety will not produce the same results.
- If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes up to several hours. This will soften the cashews and allow for easier blending.
- This alfredo sauce thickens considerably when heated. I recommend tossing it with hot noodles to slightly thicken and heat through instead of heating separately on the stove.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 1033mg | Potassium: 886mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3.3mg