Gluten Free Oatmeal Fruit Squares
These Gluten Free Oatmeal Fruit Squares are easy, delicious, and perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1/2 C Packed Light Brown Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 C Arrowroot Flour or Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- 1 C Gluten Free Instant Oats
- 1/2 C Non-Dairy Butter or Ghee Softened (if you soften it in the microwave, be sure it's just soft and not mostly melted)
- 1/2 - 3/4 C Jam Of Choice I recommend apricot or seedless raspberry
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil and lightly grease with oil.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, arrowroot, almond flour, baking soda, and oats.
Add the softened butter and mix with a pastry blender or your hands until it forms a crumbly mixture.
Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Spread the jam over the oat mixture not going within 1/4 inch of the edge.
Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top and lightly press into the jam.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Remove from pan using the foil as handles and use a spatula to remove to keep squares in tact.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg