Easy Peasy Dairy Free Sour Cream
These easy dairy free sour cream recipes will satisfy the fiercest of cravings and will make your meal complete. There are 2 nut free versions to choose from below and a link to a cashew sour cream above - all of which are vegan, dairy, and soy free!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Non-Dairy Yogurt Sour Cream Ingredients:
- 6 oz. SO Delicious Dairy Free Plain Yogurt Greek Style
- 3/4 Tsp. Lemon Juice more to taste (fresh is best!)
Coconut Cream Sour Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 C Coconut Cream place full fat canned coconut milk into the fridge for 6 hours to overnight and scoop out the coagulated cream. I only recommend Thai Kitchen or Sprouts brand as others may result in a funny aftertaste or off texture
- 1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Pinch salt
- Filtered water
Non-Dairy Yogurt Sour Cream Method:
Drain off any excess liquid from the yogurt.
Stir the yogurt and lemon juice together in a small container.
Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (preferably longer) before using.
Coconut Cream Sour Cream Method:
Gently combine the coconut cream and lemon juice. If the cream is too hard to combine, place in a microwaveable-safe bowl and heat a few seconds, just until softened NOT melted! Taste and add more lemon juice if needed. Stir in the pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Nutritional information is calculated using the coconut cream method.
- I prefer yogurt sour cream when baking. It lends the perfect texture and tartness for baked goods but has too much of an aftertaste for me as a dip or topping.
- I prefer the coconut cream sour cream when cooking. It's super easy and is perfect for sauces!
- The cashew sour cream is the best for dipping or using as a topping. If you have a nut allergy or don't have a high-speed blender though, the coconut cream sour cream is good too!
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Potassium: 65mg | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.5mg