Gluten Free & Vegan Blueberry Muffins
These gluten-free and vegan blueberry muffins have a good crumb, are sweet, tender, fluffy, and lightly speckled with blueberries.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 9 muffins
- 1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder*
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon optional
- 3/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Additional Coconut Sugar and Oats for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Line 9 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly oil.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon (if using) and coconut sugar.
Stir in the non-dairy milk, applesauce, and vanilla and stir to combine.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Spoon batter evenly between the 9 muffin cups.
Bake for 22-25 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- For homemade baking powder, combine 1 part baking soda to 2 parts cream of tartar and 2 parts starch (tapioca, arrowroot, or potato).
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.9mg