This Keto Meatball Soup is easy to prepare, hearty, and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor. Best of all, the meatballs can be made ahead of time and it freezes nicely.
Since it’s getting warmer outside I know most people are getting out of the mood for soup but I promise, this soup is good no matter what the weather!
It’s easy to prepare, hearty, and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor. And if you’re short on time, the keto meatballs can be made ahead of time or even frozen.
keto meatball soup instructions:
For the meatballs, I’ve added some sneaky veggies. I add an onion, 2 handfuls of spinach, and 3 cloves of garlic to a food processor and process until everything is in very small pieces.
Then, I add the spinach/onion mixture to a large bowl along with 2 lbs. beef, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and parsley and mix everything together. Then I roll the mixture into meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. The meatballs are also great on their own, as a snack, in lunchboxes, or with lots of dishes!!!
While the meatballs are cooking, I make the soup.
For the soup I saute carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in a heavy-bottomed pot. Then I add basil, oregano, thyme, tomato paste, a bay leaf, chopped zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. I let that simmer about 20 minutes to infuse all that yummy flavor.
When it’s done simmering I add some balsamic vinegar for nice depth of flavor, salt, pepper, and the meatballs. Then it’s ready to eat!!! And whatever is leftover (if there is any) can be stored in the fridge or it also freezes nicely.
Looking for more Keto Dinner Recipes? Check these out!
…Or if you’re looking for Keto desserts check out my
Paleo & Keto Meatball Soup
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 2 Lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or oil of choice
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Medium Carrot Peeled and Diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery Chopped
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3/4 tsp. Thyme
- 1 32 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 32- oz. Low Sodium Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Zucchini - Chopped into Halves or Quarters
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste (at least 1/2 tsp.)
- Pepper to taste (at least 1/4 tsp.)
For the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the spinach, garlic, and onion. Then process until everything is in very small pieces. Add the spinach/onion mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the ground beef, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and Parsley. Mix well.
- Roll into meatballs and place into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the soup:
- Add the oil to large heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Saute until veggies are slightly soft, around 4 minutes.
- Add the basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, chicken or beef broth, and zucchini.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Taste soup, if it tastes flat, it needs more salt.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and serve!
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
pin keto meaball soup for later: