These little meatballs are a perfect appetizer for any shower or party. I made these (along with my pineapple cream cheese ball) for my sisters bridal shower a few weeks ago and they were a HUGE hit! The guys were even trying to come in and sneak them 🙂
I was bad and used bottled chili sauce that contained high fructose corn syrup (horrible I know!) but next time I’m going to try this chili sauce recipe using ketchup that contains no HFCS so it’s healthier.
- 1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ C Gluten Free Breadcrumbs, I Used Glutino
- 8 Tsp. Onion Flakes
- 1½ Tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp. Celery Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- 1 14 Oz. Can Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 12 Oz. Chili Sauce (next to the ketchup)
- 1½ Tbsp. Brown Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the meatball ingredients. (I like to heat my beef in the microwave for just a few seconds so it's easier to work with)
- Roll into small meatballs and place on a greased broiler pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large pot or crock pot, blend all of the sauce ingredients. Add the meatballs and simmer at least 1 hour before serving.
adapted from All Recipes