I wanted to call this recipe Quick & Easy Dairy Free Paleo Fudge, but since we aren’t strict Paleo around here, I didn’t know if chocolate chips were allowed?? (I’ve since found out that it is!)
Some of you may remember that I already have a dairy free fudge recipe on my site but it takes FOREVER to make. Several times this month I’ve wanted to make it but didn’t because of the time involved.
That’s why I made a revised version that’s quick and easy! It’s pretty much the same recipe except crazy condensed. First, I eliminated the need to spend an hour or more boiling down a coconut milk/honey mixture by using just the coconut cream and half of the honey. Then, I melted all the ingredients over low heat in one pot which eliminated the need for a double boiler – I’m just knocking off steps left and right!
But even though I cut out steps and am saving on time, don’t think that means that I cut back on flavor! It’s still super rich, creamy, and decadent – every thing you’d expect from a good fudge!
Here are the steps:
Start by toasting the nuts for 5 – 8 minutes at 350 degrees then set them aside to cool.
For the coconut cream, you’ll need to scoop out the coagulated cream from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk. For the cream to separate, place the can in the fridge 24 hours. Thai Kitchen brand works best for this!
Then, in a large pot combine the coconut cream, honey, coconut oil, and chocolate chips. Heat over very low heat stirring until completely melted.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pinch of salt, and nuts.
Pour into a greased and foil lined pan then place in freezer 1 hour to set up. That’s it!!! I told you it was quick and easy 🙂
Pin for later:
Here’s the printable:
- ½ C Coconut Cream From a Can Of Full Fat Coconut Milk Refrigerated 24 hours (Thai Kitchen Works Best)
- ¼ C Honey
- 16 Oz. Semi-Sweet Dairy Free Chocolate (1¾ Bags of Enjoy Life Brand)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (I use refined so there is no coconut taste)
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1½ C Chopped Nuts of Choice, I usually use walnuts or hazelnuts 🙂 (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake 5 - 8 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
- Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish by lining with foil (cover 2 edges of pan with enough foil to use as handles and remove fudge from pan) and spraying with cooking oil or melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the chocolate chips, coconut cream, honey, and coconut oil over VERY LOW heat, stirring until completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pinch of salt, and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and place uncovered in freezer for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove fudge from pan by using the foil as handles and cut with a very sharp knife into 1 inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.
this post is part of Gluten Free Fridays, Whole Food Fridays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, and Healing With Food Fridays