While I still love my other Paleo brownie recipe, that recipe is more cake-like, and these are dense, rich, and fudgy – my favorite! This is my new go-to recipe for a quick and easy dessert and to serve to guests or take to parties. They get rave reviews even from my non-gluten free friends 🙂
I love my daughter’s description of these brownies, after she tried them she took one to my husband and said, “These are so yummy, Daddy, the top is like a crust and when you bite into it, it’s gooey and you don’t even have to use your teeth to chew, you will love them!” I don’t think I need to describe them any more than that, she summed it up pretty good!
- 4 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil
- 6 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate (I used 1 Cup of mini chocolate chips which are gluten, dairy, and soy free)
- ⅔ C Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ C Blanched Almond Flour (I use Honeyville brand which is ground a lot finer than Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with aluminum foil, grease, and set aside.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate in the bowl of a double boiler (or in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, being careful that the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl). Melt over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut sugar, salt, almond flour, and coconut flour. Then, stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until edges start pulling away from the sides and center looks set.
this post is part of Allergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays & Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays
this recipe was adapted from Deliciously Organic