I am LOVING summer so far!!! While we haven’t gotten into a good summer schedule or started swimming lessons yet, we have already taken a mini-vacation and have been enjoying the sun and warmer weather. And since summer is here and the kids are out of school, that means less time in the kitchen – which is one of the reasons I like this easy gluten free dinner.
Not only does it only take 30 minutes to prepare, but it has tons of great flavor from the balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, and capers and never turns out dry. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to post ’cause I’ve been making this for years as part of our regular rotation but I’m excited that I’m finally sharing it with you and hope you love it as much as we do!
Pin for later:
*Click HERE for my homemade chicken broth recipe.
- 1 Pork Tenderloin, cut into 1½ inch slices
- ¼ C Arrowroot Flour or Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- ⅓ C Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ C Chicken Broth (see above for my homemade recipe)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Capers, or to taste
- Place the flour, garlic salt, and pepper into a large resealable baggie. Shake baggie to mix.
- Cut the tenderloin into 1½ inch slices, then place slices into baggie and shake again to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake off excess flour, and add the pork medallions to the skillet. Cook 2 - 3 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the pork is no longer pink in the middles, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove pork to a serving platter.
- Stir in the lemon zest and capers into the simmering sauce.
- Continue simmering until your sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Pour sauce over the pork medallions and serve!
this post is part of Fat Tuesday and Allergy Free Wednesdays