This Hearty Gluten Free Instant Pot Chicken Soup recipe is warm, comforting, flavorful, and is loaded with veggies. And if you don’t have an Instant Pot, stove top instructions are also included 🙂
*Don’t have an Instant Pot? No problem, I included stove top directions below 🙂
Have I told you guys that I received an Instant Pot as a gift a few months ago and that I am LOVING it?? The Instant pot seems to be all the rage right now and for good reason! It…
- cooks everything super fast
- has a saute function (my favorite!!!)
- has a slow cooker function
- a rice cooker
- a steamer
- a delay start
- will automatically turn off when your food is done and will keep it warm for you
- has tons of presets and more!!!
It’s amazing and I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to post an instant pot recipe! I mainly use it to cook baked potatoes and rice but I’ve also made a Instant Pot Roast that only took 45 minutes. Yes – only 45 minutes start to finish!!! I’m still perfecting it though so you’ll have to stay tuned for the recipe 🙂
Gluten Free Chicken Soup
Today though, I’m sharing my Hearty Instant Pot Chicken Soup recipe. It’s a recipe I frequently make in the winter. Now that I have an instant pot, though, I have a new love for it because it’s so fast and easy to make. It’s warm, comforting, flavorful, healthy, and is loaded with veggies. While we love this recipe just the way it is, it’s very forgiving. Here some ideas for those of you who want to make it Paleo or Vegan compliant:
- To make it Paleo and Whole30 Compliant: Replace the corn and beans with peas, chopped zucchini, or other veggies of choice.
- To make it vegan: Replace 1 chicken breast with a can of chickpeas and replace the other chicken breast with another can of beans or chopped potatoes.
If you’ve tried this Gluten Free Instant Pot Chicken Soup or any other recipe on the blog please let me know in the comments below!
Craving more? FOLLOW ME on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, or E-Mail to see more delicious food and find out what I’ve been up to! And as a bonus, if you sign up to follow me by E-Mail you’ll receive 2 FREE recipes from my Keto Breads Cookbook!
Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 Carrots peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 Small White or Yellow Onion finely diced
- 1 Seeded Jalapeno minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 32- oz. Box Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Northern Beans or Cannallini beans
- 12 oz. Frozen Corn or Veggie of Choice
- 2 C Thinly Sliced Spinach stems removed
- 2 Large or 3 Small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 - 3/4 Tsp. Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp. Dill
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Basil
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Heat the oil in the instant pot using the "saute" setting. Add the carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and saute until tender, around 5 -8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another 1 or 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Press "Cancel" on the instant pot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, seal the lid, and make sure the vent at the top is switched from venting to sealing.
- Manually set the pressure cooker for high pressure for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Release the pressure manually and carefully remove lid. Remove the chicken, cut it into bite-sized pieces and return to the instant pot.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve immediately.
Stove top Instructions:
- Cover Chicken with water in a large pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, and set aside.
- Rinse out the same large pot you boiled your chicken in, then heat olive oil or coconut oil in it over medium heat.
- Chop up all your veggies. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno (if using) for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until all veggies are tender and soup is heated through. Enjoy your healthy hearty soup!
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.