**You might also be interested in my Paleo Tortillas That Are Egg & Nut Free!!!**
Even though I cook gluten & dairy free for my son, we have all benefited from the diet, especially me. But now I’m going to try and take it a step further and go 100% grain free!!! But this time it’s for me.
After years of digestive issues, reflux, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue I finally got a diagnosis of gastroparesis a few months ago (slow stomach emptying). Even with medication I still have flare ups and for this reason I’ve decided to try going grain free.
So no more Rudi’s bread for sandwiches, corn tortillas, corn chips, brown rice pasta, or packaged gluten free snacks!!! Ahhhhh…. I hope I can do it!
So tonight when I made my enchillada recipe, instead of using corn tortillas like I usually do, I made a recipe that is a spin off of a flour tortilla recipe (this recipe is easier!!) and we were all super happy with them
Do you have any combos you want to try?
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour, Honeyville Brand
- 1 C Arrowroot Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp. Grain Free Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Non-Dairy Milk + more if needed
- Cooking Spray or Oil
- Whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and milk until very well combined. If batter is too thick (seems to thicken over time) add more milk 1 Tbsp. at a time. Batter should be fairly thin. For best results, blend in blender until smooth.
- Place skillet over medium/medium-high heat.
- Spray with cooking oil or spread olive oil or coconut oil in pan.
- When pan is pre-heated, pour about ⅓ - ½ cup batter into pan. Lift up and swirl pan to spread batter.
- Allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes or until bottom is firm and has started to brown. Flip and cook until done, about another 1 - 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Makes about 7 - 8 wraps.