This Keto & Whole30 Beef Stroganoff is a simple weeknight dinner that’s creamy, hearty, and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen! It’s also dairy free and Paleo friendly – YAY!
This easy Keto and Whole30 dinner is made with ground beef, requires no prep, and comes together quickly! I’ve been making this recipe for many years now, and every time I make it I wonder why I don’t make it more often!
This meal is easily adaptable to all kinds of diets. Even though I follow a mostly grain free diet, my family does not! They prefer their Beef Stroganoff served over gluten free spaghetti noodles, but there are many options as to what to serve this with! Here are a few ideas:
- rice or cauliflower rice
- gluten free noodles of any variety
- spaghetti squash
- or eaten plain with a side of your favorite veggies or side salad
Easy Beef Stroganoff Steps:
In a large pot or skillet, brown a pound of ground beef and set aside. In the same pot or skillet, add some butter (can use non-dairy), an onion, and mushrooms. Use a wooden spoon to break up the mushrooms into small pieces as they cook. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
Add a tsp. of minced garlic and cook until it’s nice and fragrant, around 30 seconds, then stir in some beef broth.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Once it starts boiling, stir in a mixture of arrowroot and water to thicken it up a bit.
Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in 3/4 Cups of coconut cream, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and prepared yellow mustard to make it creamy and super flavorful.
Serve by itself with a side, over gluten free noodles, rice, cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash and enjoy!!!
Looking for more Keto & Whole30 Dinner Recipes? Check these out!
Keto & Whole30 Beef Stroganoff
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado, Olive, or Coconut Oil
- 1 Pound Beef I prefer organic and grass-fed
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee can use non-dairy
- 1 Medium Onion FinelyChopped
- 8 Oz. Mushrooms Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 3/4 C Coconut Cream*
- 1 1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Water or Non-Dairy Milk
- Salt to taste (about 1 to 1 1/2 tsp.)
- Pepper to taste (about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 Tsp. Prepared Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Heat avocado, olive, or coconut oil in large pot or skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef and brown. Drain off fat if desired and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the butter, onion, and mushrooms. If the mushrooms are large use a wooden spoon to chop 'em up a bit. Cook until veggies are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the beef broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot and water or non-dairy milk. When mixture reaches a boil, add the arrowroot mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut cream until melted. If it has trouble melting, place on top of the burner you were using (that's now off) and stir until it completely melts. Add the beef, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve plain with a side or over gluten free noodles, rice or cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.