Homemade Ranch Dressing
We LOVE this recipe! I always have this homemade ranch dressing in my fridge and I promise you – it’s better than anything you will every buy at the store! It can also easily be converted to a ranch dressing recipe by thinning out with filtered water. I find that when I thin it out with dairy free milk it effects the flavor, but water works like a charm 🙂
A lot of the dairy free or Paleo ranch dressings I’ve tried are good but have an “off” taste. But I can assure you that this dressing has no “off” taste and is perfectly ranch-y (if that’s a word!). I’m sure it will become a staple in your home like it is in mine. I make a double batch of this every single week and we simply can’t go without it 🙂
helpful hints for the perfect ranch dressing
- If your coconut cream is hard to stir into the mayo, simply put the cream in a small microwavable bowl and heat on high for around 15 seconds, or until soft. Then, add to the mayo and continue with the recipe.
- You can replace the coconut cream with sour cream if you eat dairy, but it will taste much more like a ranch dip and not a ranch dressing. Not that it’s a bad thing (especially if you’re making dip!), but something to be aware of.
- The mayo you choose is VERY important – it will make or break the recipe! I suggest only using my 5-minute homemade mayo or Veganaisse Mayo. While some of the primal/paleo mayo’s are good, they tend to leave a tang when making ranch dressing. Sometimes tang is good, but for ranch it’s not. You want your ranch to be mild and creamy with a strong ranch taste and not tangy, otherwise it will taste off.
BTW – This recipe goes great with my Paleo & Whole30 Hot Wings!!! Just sayin’ ?
Paleo & Whole30 Ranch Dressing or Dip
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 3/4 C Homemade Mayonnaise or Veganaisse for Vegan
- 1/4 C Coconut Cream I recommend Thai Kitchen brand or Sprouts brand because some brands have a funny aftertaste
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Parsley or 4 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Dill
- 1 1/2 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Filtered Water as needed to thin
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a medium-sized container with a lid and mix together gently. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Then, add filtered water as needed to thin.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.