These Ranch Keto Chicken Tacos combine my 2 favorite things – tacos and ranch dressing! They are also gluten free & Paleo!
These Keto Chicken Tacos are not only ridiculously easy to make, but they’re super tasty too! They combine 2 of my favorite flavors – tacos and and ranch dressing! They can be made Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 compliant and are a fun spin on traditional tacos.
Keto, Paleo or Whole30 Chicken Tacos
Whether you make these Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 compliant entirely depends on the tortilla (or lack thereof!) that you wrap the tacos in. For Paleo tortillas, I have several options:
- Grain Free Tortillas or Wraps
- Cassava Flour Tortillas (AIP, Egg, & Nut Free)
- or Paleo Tortillas (AIP, Egg, & Nut Free)
Of the options above, I prefer the grain free tortillas or wraps because they’re so easy to make and always turn out great! The other options are great too though, especially if you can’t have eggs or nuts!
To make them Keto, you can use the Soft Keto Tortillas from my Keto Breads Cookbook or simply leave out the tortilla and serve them over lettuce with extra ranch dressing. Leaving out the the tortillas would also make them Whole30 compliant because there are no breads or tortillas of any kind allowed on Whole30.
The recipe below uses homemade taco seasoning, tortillas, and ranch dressing. If you want to save some time, you can replace all of the spices with a package of gluten free taco seasoning, use an allergy friendly store bought ranch dressing (such as Tessame’s or Primal Kitchen), and buy store-bought tortillas. If you buy tortillas, I prefer Siete tortillas. Not only are they grain free and Paleo, but they are the only tortillas I’ve found that are flexible, don’t fall apart, and taste like real tortillas!
I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you, though, that the homemade version is MUCH better and doesn’t take all that much longer. The taco seasoning just uses 7 basic spices (including salt and pepper!) that you most likely already have in your pantry, and the ranch dressing is better than any store-bought version ever though about being! It’s rich, creamy, has no weird aftertaste, and has a strong ranch flavor. So even though I recommend the homemade versions – you can use the store-bought stuff if you need to.
*Note- These also go great with my Best Ever Guacamole!
Here is the recipe:
Chicken Ranch Tacos
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp. Coconut Palm Sugar Honey, or Preferred Sweetener (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 C Ranch Dressing + more as needed click link for homemade ranch recipe
- Olive Oil
- 10 Tortillas if using, see links above for more tortilla options
- Tomatoes optional
- Lettuce optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish and season both sides with salt and pepper. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Then, cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large skillet and turn burner to medium heat. Then, add the seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and palm sugar (if using). Notice: You do not add olive oil, cooking spray, or water to the pan! Stir until chicken is coated and everything is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ranch dressing and coat the chicken well with the ranch.
- Serve in tortilla of choice or over a bed of lettuce with garnishes and extra ranch.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
pin ranch keto chicken tacos for later:
adapted from Do You Smell That?