These Paleo & Keto Brownies have a crackly crust and are dense, rich, fudgy, and better than any box ever thought about being! They are my go-to recipe for a quick and easy dessert that everyone loves.
Fudgy Keto Brownies
Everyone needs a go-to dessert recipe, and these Keto Brownies are mine. I’ve been making these brownies for years and they always get rave reviews even from my non gluten-free friends. I think my 6 year old daughter described them best when she said, “These are so yummy, Daddy, the top is like a crust and when you bite into it, it’s gooey and you don’t even have to use your teeth to chew. You will love them!” I don’t think I could describe them any better, lol! Plus, they only require 1 bowl and 5 minutes to prepare – best recipe everrrrr!
Steps For Easy Fudgy Brownies
Melting The Chocolate:
Start by melting some Paleo or Keto Friendly Chocolate and Coconut Oil. I prefer to use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (affiliate link) because they are soy free, but Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips (affiliate link) work well too and are lower in net carbs.
Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large, microwavable bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat in 20 second intervals, stirring well each time, until chocolate is fully melted. If you heat chocolate too fast or unevenly it will harden so don’t try to take a shortcut and heat it all at once!
If you prefer not to use a microwave, simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a large, heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Be sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Then, stir until the chocolate is melted and remove from heat.
Also, I’ve tried this recipe with avocado oil instead of coconut oil and, surprisingly, it didn’t turn out well!!! Avocado oil and coconut oil are usually interchangeable. However, it didn’t work well for these brownies. The avocado oil made them too oily, so stick with the coconut oil. I have yet to try them with butter, but when I do I’ll come back and give you an update.
Keto Brownie Batter:
Once the chocolate and coconut oil are melted, stir in 1/2 Cup of blanched almond flour, 1 tsp. coconut flour, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, and 2/3 Cups of sweetener. Then, stir in 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla. Be sure to add the dry ingredients before the eggs. This cools down the batter and keeps the eggs from cooking. Mix well. The batter will be thick, but just keep mixing until the eggs are fully incorporated.
For the sweetener, I use Swerve or Lakanto granulated sweetener because they’re Keto friendly. If you’re Paleo you can use coconut palm sugar.
Pour the batter into a foil-lined 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges start pulling away from the sides and the center looks set.
Tips For Perfect Paleo & Keto Fudgy Brownies
- If you prefer not to use a microwave to melt the chocolate, simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a large, heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Be sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Then, stir until the chocolate is melted and remove from heat.
- If you heat chocolate too fast or unevenly it will harden so don’t take any shortcuts melting the chocolate. It needs to be melted by heating in intervals in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water on the stove.
- Do not substitute the coconut oil. If you try using a different fat or oil, you do so at your own risk. While I haven’t tested these with butter yet, I have tested them with avocado oil and they turned out too oily.
- Whether these are Paleo or Keto depend on the sweetener and chocolate you choose. For Keto, use Swerve or Lakanto Sweetener (affiliate links) and Dark Chocolate, I prefer Enjoy Life or Lily’s (affiliate links). For Paleo, use coconut palm sugar and soy free dark or milk chocolate – such as Enjoy Life.
- Batter will be really thick, this is normal. Just keep stirring and get those eggs mixed in really well!
Super Fudgy Paleo And Keto Brownies
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut Oil do not substitute
- 1 Cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips For Soy Free
- 2/3 Cup Swerve Sweetener Lakanto Sweetener, or coconut palm sugar for Paleo
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Flour finely ground
- 1 tsp. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with aluminum foil, grease, and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large, microwavable-safe bowl*. Heat 30 seconds then stir. After that, heat in 20 second increments, stirring well between each increment, until fully melted.
- Stir in the sweetener, salt, almond flour, and coconut flour. Then, stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until edges start pulling away from the sides and center looks set.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Paleo And Keto Brownies For Later
this recipe was adapted from Deliciously Organic