A friend of ours gave us a HUGE bag of fresh peaches that were sweet, juicy, and absolutely delicious! But she gave us so many that there was no way we could have eaten all of them before they went bad, so I decided to make this easy peach crisp along with some fresh blueberries – since blueberries and peaches go so perfect together. I thought about baking a pie, but you can get all the same goodness from a crisp without all of the hard work, it’s a win-win 🙂
Since the fruit was so sweet I only added an additional 1/4 C of maple syrup and a tablespoon of arrowroot flour to make the filling thick and sweet. Then, I topped it with a crumble that’s similar to a streussel topping. YUMMY!
*If you prefer to make a traditional cobbler, replace my streussel-like topping with my grain free biscuits, adding 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Then, tear off small pieces of the batter and spread evenly over the fruit and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, covering loosely with foil if the top browns too fast.
- 4 C Peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 large peaches)
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ¼ C Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- ½ C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 C Pecan Halves
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 or 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the peaches. Then, roughly chop the peaches and place in pie pan along with the fresh blueberries.
- Stir in the lemon juice, maple syrup, and arrowroot flour. Set aside.
- To make the topping, add the almond flour, pecans, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl of a food processor fitted with an 'S' blade. Pulse until the pecans are finely chopped. Add in the honey or maple syrup and melted coconut oil and pulse until it comes together.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Loosely cover with foil if topping starts to brown too fast.
this post is part of Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Fat Tuesday Gluten Free Fridays, and Gluten Free & DIY Tuesday