There’s an awesome little cafe in Moore, OK called Two Olives and they have the best chicken salad sandwiches! This is my version of their chicken salad recipe but it’s allergy friendly so my whole family can enjoy it.
But that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in taste! I left some of my chicken salad at my parents house last week and when my dad came home from work he ate all the leftovers not knowing it was gluten, dairy, and egg free! He loved it and said it was real chicken salad 🙂 Thanks dad!!!
I like this recipe in the summertime because I can make it in the morning, go to the pool (or do whatever) with the kids, and when we come home we have dinner made… awesome!
I like to eat mine over lettuce with balsamic vinegar (balsamic vinaigrette would be good too), but if you’re not Paleo or doing a whole30 you can serve it on gluten free bread 🙂
Pin for later:
Chicken Salad SandwichesPrint Rate
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C Water
- 1/2 C Chopped Grapes
- 1/4 C Finely Chopped Onions
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 C Mayonaisse see link above or Veganaisse for egg free
- 1/2 - 1 Tsp. Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar or Balsamic Vinaigrette link above
- Lettuce or Gluten Free Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts on baking sheet and toast 5 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Do not burn. Set aside.
- Turn oven up to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 C of water, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks or transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium-high with a paddle attachment or until perfectly shredded.
- Chop the grapes and onion.
- Add the Vegenaise or homemade mayo (link above), grapes, onion, walnuts, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the chicken and mix well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover and place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat.
- Serve over toasted gluten free bread with balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette OR over lettuce with balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette.
- SO GOOD!!!
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.