These Whole30 Stuffed Peppers combine ground beef, veggies, and marinara sauce for an easy and healthy allergy-friendly dinner any night of the week. Plus, they are paleo, gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-compliant!
These whole30 stuffed peppers have been a staple in my house for years. I'm excited to finally be posting it!
Similar to my Spaghetti Squash Bolognese, not only is it super easy to make, but it's also paleo, gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and loaded with veggies!
🔪 Easy instructions
Start by chopping off the tops and scooping out the seeds of some bell peppers. Then, place them cut-side down and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
While the peppers are cooking, brown some ground beef with onion. Once the meat is browned, add chopped zucchini, garlic, and mushrooms.
Then you just saute the mixture until the veggies get soft.
Then, stir in a cup of whole30 marinara sauce - you can use store-bought or whip up my super-easy homemade marinara!
After that, scoop the filling into the bell peppers and top with a bit more marinara to keep the filling from drying out.
Top with mozzarella cheese or Daiya mozzarella cheese, if desired. Omit the cheese if you're doing a whole30.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot with green onion for garnish.
💭 Frequently asked questions
No, you don't! Ground turkey can be used instead of beef if preferred.
To keep these dairy-free and whole30, simply use soy-free marinara with no added sugar and use dairy-free cheese or omit the cheese altogether for whole30.
I like to use a small baking dish so it forces the peppers to stand up. However, if your baking dish is too large to stand up or you're using a baking sheet, cut them in half lengthwise before adding the filling.
Looking for more beef recipes?
I think you'll love these...
Or check out this Ground Turkey And Rice Recipe from Flippin' Delicious, it looks A-Mazing!!! You could easily sub a low-carb sweetener for the brown sugar and use cauliflower rice to make it Keto.
If you’ve tried these Paleo, Keto, & Whole30 Stuffed Peppers or any other recipe on the blog please let me know in the comments below!
Whole30 Dairy-Free Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut, Avocado, or Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef - preferably organic and grass fed
- 1 Medium Onion - diced
- 6 Bell Peppers - any color
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- ½ Zucchini - finely chopped
- 8 oz. Mushrooms - chopped
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- 1 Cup + Extra For topping Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese, optional - OMIT FOR WHOLE30! Use Dairy Free If Needed, optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and take out the seeds. Place cut side down on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Once hot, add the onion and ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off fat if desired.
- Then, add the mushroom, garlic, and zucchini. Saute until veggies are tender, 5 - 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 Cup of marinara sauce and mix to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Arrange bell peppers in a medium-sized baking dish and spoon the filling into each bell pepper. Spoon additional marinara sauce over each bell pepper to keep them from drying out. Then, lightly sprinkle with dairy-free mozzarella cheese if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve hot.
Add Your Own Notes
- See the full YouTube video here: Stuffed Peppers Video
- If the bell peppers are too uneven to stand up straight, cut them in half lengthwise before adding the filling.
- If you choose not to add cheese, don't skip adding some marinara to the top of the filling before baking. This will keep the filling from drying out.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for the beef if desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include cheese.
- To keep these whole30-compliant, be sure to use sugar and soy-free marinara sauce.
NET CARBS = Total Carbs - Fiber
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary. Sugar alcohols are included in the total carbs and fiber.
Looking for more information on the keto diet? Check out my