One of my favorite places to eat when my husband and I go on a date is a steak place called Charlestons. Every single time we go I order their honey glazed carrots ’cause they are to die for!
I’m always trying to figure out what’s in them cause they have a very unique but familiar taste. The last time we went I was slowly eating them trying to figure out their secret ingredient when my husband said, “I think they just put their steak seasoning in them!” O. My. Goodness, that was it!
After he pointed it out to me, it seemed so obvious and I can’t believe I never figured it out! And even though I don’t know for sure the ingredients they use, my copycat version tastes almost the exact same and now every time I make them I feel like we are on a date
- 2 Lbs (32 oz) Peeled, Baby Carrots
- ¼ C Earth Balance Butter, Soy Free
- ¼ C Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning (or favorite gluten free steak seasoning)
- Bring 1 or 2 inches of water to a boil in a pot that has a steamer basket or insert.
- Add the carrots to the steamer basket. Cover and steam until fork tender, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and transfer the carrots to the pot that had the water.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add the dairy free butter, honey, and coconut palm sugar.
- Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, about 5 minute stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the steak seasoning and lemon juice.