This easy gluten free & Keto dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight. It’s fast, healthy, full of flavor, and also Whole30 and Paleo compliant!
I’ve been making this easy gluten free chicken and bacon recipe for several years now and we absolutely love it! It’s not only easy, but it’s full of flavor, healthy, and is Paleo & Whole30 compliant. I especially make it a lot in the summer when I don’t want to turn my oven on and have a ton of squash and zucchini growing in my garden. Here are the easy steps:
Start by slicing some bacon…
then separating all of the pieces.
Cook the bacon in a single layer until it’s crispy and set it aside.
After that, season some chicken thighs with salt and pepper….
And, using the same pan, cook the chicken in the bacon grease until they are nicely browned and cooked through.
Add the bacon back to the pan and set aside.
For the veggies:
Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus and place on a large baking sheet. Then, cut up 2 squash or zucchini and one onion. Place them in the baking sheet as well. Drizzle with some melted coconut oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss everything around with your hands until it’s nicely coated. Next, separate the asparagus from the other veggies and spread them into a single layer. Roast the veggies at 400 degrees for 20 -25 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still crisp.
Then, serve the chicken and bacon with – or on top of – the roasted asparagus and squash. And that’s it – simple, tasty, and healthy!!!
Pin For Later:
Chicken With Bacon, Asparagus, & Squash
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 8 oz. Bacon preferably nitrate and sugar free
- Salt & Pepper
For the Veggies:
- 1 Bunch Thin Asparagus tough ends removed
- 2 Squash or Zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder or 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil melted
- Preheat large pan over medium heat.
- Slice bacon crosswise into 1-inch sections, then separate the bacon pieces so they aren't stuck together.
- Place bacon into the pan in a single layer and cook until the bottom is browned, without touching. Then, stir the bacon and finish cooking until the bacon is crispy. Set aside.
- Drain off all but about 1 Tbsp. of the bacon fat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Using the same pan, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Add the bacon back to the pan and set aside. Serve with the asparagus and squash.
For the Asparagus and squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the tough ends off of the asparagus, roughly chop the onion, and cut the squash or zucchini into bite-sized pieces and place on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with the melted coconut oil.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and toss to coat everything evenly with the oil and spices.
- Separate the asparagus from the other veggies and place in a single layer, pushing the other veggies to the other side of the pan.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until asparagus is tender but still crisp and squash is tender.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.