This Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe can be made using leftover corned beef or corned beef picked up from your local deli. Plus, this tasty recipe only calls for a few basic ingredients, is Paleo & Whole30 compliant, and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Usually when making corned beef and cabbage you need to cure and brine a beef brisket then cook it low and slow with lots of fragrant seasonings. Instead of cooking a whole beef brisket, though, I made this recipe quick and easy by using leftover corned beef or by using corned beef from the deli section of the grocery store.
When ordering corned beef at the deli, you will be asked to pick a number indicating the thickness of the meat. It’s a scale from 1 to 5 and the higher the number the thicker the cut. I wouldn’t recommend cutting it extremely thin, but anywhere from a 3 to a 5 should be good. I usually cut mine at a 3.
Keto And Low Carb
Traditional corned beef and cabbage consists of corned beef & cabbage (of coarse!), onion, carrots, and potatoes. Potatoes obviously have a lot of carbs so I left them out, but surprisingly cabbage has a lot of carbs too!!! And since the recipe is corned beef and cabbage I couldn’t leave the cabbage out! I went ahead and wrote the recipe using an entire head of cabbage which makes each serving have 12 net carbs, but I tried it with only 1/2 head of cabbage and it was just as good and brings the net carbs down to only 5. So if you follow a keto or low-carb diet, just reduce the cabbage by half ?
If you want to go crazy reducing the carbs you also reduce the onion to only half and only use 2 carrots. This would bring each serving down to 2 net carbs. I do want to warn you though, that the carrots and onion add a lot of flavor to the dish so do this at your own risk!!!
Easy Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage Instructions
Start by cutting up an onion and carrots.
Saute the veggies in bacon fat over medium heat until tender. While you don’t have to use bacon fat, I highly recommend it because it gives the dish great flavor!!
Once the veggies are tender, core and coarsely chop a head of cabbage. Add the cabbage to the skillet along with 1/3 Cup of water. Cover, leaving the lid slightly vented, and cook around 10 minutes. The cabbage should be getting tender but still have a slight bite to it.
While the cabbage is cooking, cut the corned beef into bite-sized squares.
Add the corned beef to the skillet and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until the beef is heated through and the cabbage is tender.
Season with salt, pepper, and celery seed powder. Then, serve with Keto Thousand Island Dressing and enjoy!!!
Tips for the perfect Keto Corned Beef & Cabbage
- When buying corned beef from the deli, have it cut on the thicker side – from a three to a five.
- To reduce the carbs, only use 1/2 head of cabbage. I’ve made this dish only using 1/2 head of cabbage and it tastes just as good ?
- You can reduce the carbs even further by reducing the onion to 1/2 and only using 2 carrots. I have to warn you though, the carrots and onions add a lot of flavor so do this at your own risk!
- I recommend using bacon fat because it adds great flavor! If you don’t have bacon fat though, you can sub butter or avocado oil.
- Even though this can be eaten plain, I recommend serving it with Keto Thousand Island Dressing! It adds a little something extra and takes the dish to the next level.
Looking for more Paleo & Keto Dinner Recipes? Check these out…
Quick & Easy Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Fat avocado oil or butter can be substituted
- 1 small Onion peeled and chopped
- 3 medium Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Head Cabbage cored and coarsely chopped, can reduce to 1/2 head for lower carbs
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Lb. Leftover Corned Beef or Corned Beef From The Deli
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Celery Seed Powder
- Keto Thousand Island Dressing for serving
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, add the bacon fat and melt over medium heat.
- Chop the carrots and onion then add to the skillet. Saute until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage and water. Cover, leaving the lid slightly vented, and cook 10 minutes or until cabbage is mostly tender but still has a slight bite to it. Stir occasionally as needed.
- Cut the corned beef into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet. Cover, leaving the lid slightly vented, and cook until the beef is heated through and the cabbage is tender - around 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and celery seed powder. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve drizzled with Keto Thousand Island Dressing.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Keto Corned Beef And Cabbage For Later