If you love Italian food – you will LOVE this dish! This just might be one of the best recipes I’ve ever eaten! Not only is it REALLY flavorful with sauteed garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella flavored cream sauce, but I like to stir zucchini noodles into the sauce transforming it into a fantastic pasta dish. Plus, it comes together fairly quickly for an easy weeknight dinner. Here’s how to get started:
First, I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika and grilled it over medium heat until it was cooked through.
For the cream sauce I added some raw cashews, water, and mozzarella inspired seasonings to my handy dandy Nutri-Bullet and blended it up!
Next, for the pasta I sauteed some spiralized zucchini noodles with some garlic over medium heat until they were nice and soft.
And here is where it all comes together – for the finale, in the same pan as the chicken, I sauteed some garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Once the garlic was nice and fragrant I added the cream sauce. Then, I stirred in the zucchini noodles and topped it with the grilled chicken and an extra sprinkling of basil – my pasta paradise!!!
*Note- I took the picture before I added the zucchini noodles. I was initially going to serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta, but then changed my mind. So I removed the chicken, stirred in the zucchini noodles, and then added the chicken back to the pan
Here are the particulars
*HERE are step-by-step instructions on how to spiralize zucchini noodles.
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Refined Coconut Oil + more if needed
- 4 Zucchini, spiralized (see link above)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced (divided)
- 1 Small Jar (3 or 4 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomatoes, drained
- ½ C Raw Cashews (soaked in hot water at least 30 minutes)
- 1 C Water
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Dried Basil (plus more for sprinkling)
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- ½ Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch or 2 or Ground Red Pepper (add more if you want it spicy)
- Cover the cashews with hot water and allow to soak at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Spiralize the noodles. Add 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil or olive oil to a medium-sized pan.
- Once heated, add the spiralized noodles and 1 clove of garlic. Saute until noodles are soft. Season with salt and set aside.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender (I used my NutriBullet) and blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Once heated, add the chicken and cook on both sides until cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
- In the same pan add additional coconut oil if needed (I didn't need to add any) and add the remaining 3 cloves of garlic and tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in the cream sauce and cook until heated through. Add water to thin if too thick. Stir in the zucchini noodles, if using. Top with the chicken and sprinkle on extra basil to be pretty :)
- Serve immediately.