This lettuce wrapped sandwich recipe is really fast, easy, healthy, the kids love them, and they don’t fall apart!
The biggest challenge for me when trying to cut out processed foods and eggs is what to eat for lunch. In particular, what to send in the kids lunchboxes. I’m happy eating a salad or drinking a smoothie everyday for lunch but I can’t exactly send salads and smoothies in the kids lunches everyday. While I like to make large batches of Paleo Tortillas to freeze and keep on hand, sometimes I run out and just don’t have time to make more. That’s where these lettuce wrapped sandwiches come in handy. They are really fast, easy, healthy, and the kids love them.
I’ve always heard of lettuce wrapped sandwiches but never made them myself. I couldn’t figure out how to make them portable and easy to eat for the kiddo’s lunches, but after some “googling” and a lot of experimenting I finally figured it out! The toppings don’t slide out, your hands don’t get messy, and they hold together and travel well. Here’s how to do it:
First, tear off a square piece of parchment paper and fold one corner down to the opposite corner to make a large triangle.
Then, layer on some large lettuce leaves, leaving a few inches of lettuce hanging over the fold of the parchment paper.
Now you can add any toppings and sauce or dressing that you like. In the picture below I used nitrate free turkey with avocado, tomatoes and mustard. Another flavor combo we really like is turkey with bacon, avocado, tomatoes and ranch dressing, but you can add anything you would like 🙂
Now, fold the lettuce leaf down over the fillings. Then grab the parchment paper on the same side and fold it over and loosely tuck in.
After that, take the pointy bottom and fold up. Now fold the other side of the parchment paper over the sandwich and carefully roll up.
And that’s it! Now you have a super easy & healthy lettuce wrapped sandwich 🙂
How To Make Lettuce Wrapped Sandwich That Doesn't Fall Apart!
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 2-4 Large Leaves of Lettuce
- Sandwich fillings and sauce or dressing
- Parchment Paper
- Tear off a square piece of parchment paper and fold one corner down to the opposite corner to make a large triangle.
- Then layer on some large lettuce leaves in the center and perpendicular to the fold, leaving a few inches of lettuce hanging over the fold of the parchment paper.
- Now you can add any toppings and sauce or dressings that you like. (turkey, ham, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, mustard, mayo, ranch, etc....)
- Fold one side of the lettuce leaf down over the fillings then grab the parchment paper on the same side and fold it over and loosely tuck in.
- Then, take the pointy bottom and fold up. Then fold the other side of the parchment paper over the sandwich and carefully roll up.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Lettuce Wrapped Sandwiches For Later