These Country Style Keto Ribs are not only flavorful, super tender, and delicious, but they are easy and can be made in the oven or on the grill!
Boiled Country Style Ribs
My parents make these BBQ Country Style Ribs almost every time they host a get together. They are tender, flavorful, and everybody always loves them!
To make them tender, I gently simmer the ribs for around 45 minutes to an hour. This softens and tenderizes the meat. I do not recommend cooking them at a full boil though, as this will make the meat tough.
After they have simmered, there are 2 options. You can either:
- Cook the ribs on the grill
- Or cook them in the oven
Keto Ribs On The Grill
After they have simmered, melt together 1/4 Cup of butter or ghee and 1 Cup of BBQ Sauce. I prefer to use Tessamae’s BBQ Sauce or Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce (affiliate links) because they are Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly while still being super delicious!!!
Place the ribs on the grill over high heat and grill the ribs for around 20 minutes, basting with the BBQ mixture and turning frequently.
Baking The Ribs
If you prefer to bake the ribs after boiling, simply place them in a large casserole dish with melted butter and BBQ Sauce (again, I prefer Tessamae’s or Primal Kitchen). Make sure all the ribs are well coated with the BBQ mixture and cook at 325 degrees covered for 30 minutes. Then, remove the cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
And that’s it! Perfect, flavorful, and tender BBQ Country Style Keto Ribs!!!
Country Style Keto Ribs
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 2 1/2 Lb. Country Style Pork Ribs these are thick cut, individual ribs that are usually boneless
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 C Tessamae's BBQ Sauce Primal Kitchen, or BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 1/4 C Butter, can use non-dairy
- Place ribs in a very large pot. Cover ribs with water and stir in the garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Bring ribs to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender, uncovered.
- Melt butter and stir into the cup of BBQ sauce.
- Grill over high heat, continually basting with the butter and BBQ sauce mixture until done, around 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ribs in a large casserole dish and stir in the barbecue sauce and non-dairy butter if using, making sure all the ribs are well covered.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Keto Ribs For Later