These gluten free and Paleo Donuts are AMAZING! They are soft, tender, and melt in your mouth with the option of a classic or chocolate glaze.
Baked Gluten Free And Paleo Donuts
These Paleo donuts have been calling my name ever since I bought a donut pan several months ago. I kept wanting to make them but it just seemed like so much work. When I finally made them I was kicking myself that I waited so long. Not only were they super easy, but we loved them!!!!
To me, these are somewhere in between a Krispie Kreme melt-in-your-mouth donut and a cake-like donut. When you bite into them they are a little squishy but spring right back. On my first batch I used a simple glaze with traditional powdered sugar. On my second batch I made my own unrefined powdered sugar. The unrefined version had a caramel taste, but we liked both equally. I put pictures for the unrefined version at the bottom of this post.
One day soon I’ll attempt the raised (proofed yeast method) and fried donuts, but for now we’re pretty happy with this recipe.
Easy Paleo Donut Steps
Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and grease the donut pan. Fill each donut mold almost full.
Bake the donuts at 375 degrees for 13 – 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Remove to a cooling rack to cool while you make the glaze.
Dip into a simple powdered sugar glaze or chocolate ganach and set back on the cooling rack. Allow to slightly cool and serve immediately.
To make your own unrefined powdered sugar:
Blend preferred granulated sugar in a very dry blender or coffee grinder until it is a fine powder. Mix in 1 Tbsp. arrowroot or tapioca flour per cup of sugar (after it’s a fine powder). Coconut Palm Sugar results is a caramel-type flavor while Erythritol or Truvia result in a more traditional tasting powdered sugar glaze.
Homemade Baked Paleo Donuts
- 1 1/2 C Blanched Almond Flour finely ground (I use the Honeyville brand)
- 1 C Tapioca Flour or Arrowroot
- 1 1/2 tsp. Grain Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C Coconut Palm Sugar or granulated sugar of choice
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 C Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee or Non-Dairy Butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 C warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla gluten free
- 1 C Powdered Sugar** see note at bottom
- 2 Tbsp. Earth Balance butter melted
- 1/4 Tsp. Vanilla gluten free
- 1 Tbsp. Non-Dairy Milk or as needed to thin
- Dip in my Chocolate Ganach see above
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the milk alternative and vinegar, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Then, stir in the milk mixture (buttermilk), water, vanilla, and butter. Mix well.
- Grease your pan with gfcf non-stick spray and fill each donut tin almost full.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool a few minutes on a wire rack then dip tops into glaze. Return to wire rack and cool completely.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Baked Paleo Donuts For Later